[Live-devel] Memory management Question.

Jeff Shanab jshanab at smartwire.com
Wed Mar 13 14:18:08 PDT 2013

My RTSPProxyServer c++ class has a RTSPServer* in it like the example proxy C style example program.

Is there some background magic to destruct the instance created from when I called RTSPServer::createNew ?

The destructor is protected.  I am using a smartpointer and it cannot access the destructor.
 If I make it raw and my class destructs, how does this memory get reclaimed?

Is this the static close function in the baseclass?

(In general there will be only one instance, but this is a sub-service that I want to be able to destroy and recreate if there is an issue or a major topology/port change without restarting the whole application)

   Jeff Shanab, Manager-Software Engineering
   D 630.633.4515 | C 630.453.7764 | F 630.633.4815 | jshanab at smartwire.com<mailto:jshanab at smartwire.com>
[MVSSig]

This message and any attachments contain confidential and proprietary information, and may contain privileged information, belonging to one or more affiliates of Windy City Wire Cable & Technology Products, LLC. No privilege is waived by this transmission. Unauthorized use, copying or disclosure of such information is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you receive this message in error, please delete it from your system, destroy any printouts or copies of it, and notify the sender immediately by e-mail or phone.