[Live-devel] RR report packet Send to Client Port

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Mar 14 03:23:55 PDT 2013

> LIVE555 Server working fine till 65 sec after that Server Stoping to send data.
> I found that its not receiving RR report from client.
> When i observed in wire shark Client sending RR report packets

If the client is sending RTCP "RR" packets, but the server is not receiving them, then it must be because either
	1/ There is a firewall somewhere between the client and server that is blocking these packets, or
	2/ The client is sending the RTCP "RR" packets to the wrong port number.  (RTCP packets should be sent to the odd port "n+1", where RTP packets are sent to the even port "n".  If the client and server both use our software, then these port numbers will be correct.)

> but the source and destination port are same

Completely irrelevant.