[Live-devel] Synchronize the "RTCP" time using RTSP Range ?

Jeff Shanab jshanab at smartwire.com
Mon Mar 18 14:48:02 PDT 2013

I record video from a security camera. I do not want to throw away up to the first 2 seconds so I measure the offset and adjust my timestamps to the timebase of the machine. When I get the sync notification I adjust the adjustment. This adjustment is continually applied to all timestamps.

It is not the ntp time of the server, but it is an exact offset from the beginning of the hour of a ntp syned machine, we split our video on the hour boundry.
We let the camera independently sync to a ntp server and it all stays very close.

This message and any attachments contain confidential and proprietary information, and may contain privileged information, belonging to one or more affiliates of Windy City Wire Cable & Technology Products, LLC. No privilege is waived by this transmission. Unauthorized use, copying or disclosure of such information is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you receive this message in error, please delete it from your system, destroy any printouts or copies of it, and notify the sender immediately by e-mail or phone.