[Live-devel] MP4 video trak samples: were do 'non-frame' NAL units belong?

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue Mar 19 10:54:57 PDT 2013

> My questions are:
>
> 1)  What is the correct thing to do with these NAL units in the MP4 file?
>
> 2)  How can I make openRTSP/live555 create an MP4 file without this stuttering?

Unfortunately I don't know the answers to these questions, because I'm not an expert on the "MP4" file format.  What I do know, though, is that this file format is ill-suited for what we are trying to do here: Record a file that properly represents incoming audio and video frames that are time-stamped.  But - in spite of this format's bad design - we try to do the best that we can...

But if you're interested in trying to improve this, the code to look at is our implementation of the "QuickTimeFileSink" class - i.e., "liveMedia/QuickTimeFileSink.cpp".