[Live-devel] Using the live555 as a "RTSP over HTTP" to "plain RTSP" converter

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Mar 21 19:53:09 PDT 2013

> I was just introduced to openRTSP and see that it works well to address one of my problems which is to initiate the RTSP over HTTP stream from an IP camera that is behind a firewall and can only be reached via HTTP.
>
> The second problem is to link this stream to another video server (Wowza) that only initiates plain RTSP sessions.
>
> So, this is what I want:
>
> IP CAMERA ---- (RTSP over HTTP) --- LIVE555 --- (RTSP) --- WOWZA
>
> Is there an easy way to accomplish this

Yes, you can use the "LIVE555 Proxy Server": http://www.live555.com/proxyServer/

Note the "-T <http-port-number>" option.

Note that our proxy sever is a full RTSP server that can handle multiple clients (and serve the proxied stream to each client).  Therefore, if you use it, you should not need to use a 'Wowza' server at all.  Instead, just use our proxy server.