[Live-devel] MP4 video trak samples: were do 'non-frame' NAL units belong?

Peng Zheng howtofly at gmail.com
Sat Mar 23 23:24:10 PDT 2013

> My questions are:
>
> 1)  What is the correct thing to do with these NAL units in the MP4 file?

According to ISO 14496, SPS and PPS should ONLY appears in 'avcC' box.

> 2)  How can I make openRTSP/live555 create an MP4 file without this
> stuttering?

Collect NALUs with the same RTP timestamp and send them as a frame
into any third
party muxer that supporting ISO base media format, e.g. libavformat
from FFmpeg.

If you set avformat context correctly, it will produce what you want.

Peng