[Live-devel] Unable to proxy mjpeg with live555ProxyServer

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Sat Mar 30 19:26:56 PDT 2013

OK, I figured out the problem - and it's bad news.  Our proxying code currently cannot handle the proxying of JPEG video (or, incidentally, AMR audio) streams.  The basic problem with proxying MJPEG is that the output of the "RTPSource" object is a complete JPEG frame, which is not the data format that gets fed into the proxy's corresponding "RTPSink" object.

I've just installed a new version of the code that outputs an error message (if in 'verbose' mode) if you try to proxy a JPEG video stream.

With a bit of hackery, I think I should be able to update the code so that it can proxy JPEG video streams OK.  (So Roman, please leave your test server running for now.)  If/when I do this, I'll let you all know.