[Live-devel] Live play OpenRTSP

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue May 7 18:12:01 PDT 2013

> I'm using openRTSP to receive a stream from a server. Everything works well, I can output the stream to a file and watch it when the session is finished. The problem is that I would like to see it live, I mean at the same time I receive the stream I want to play it. Is there any way to do it?

Probably the easiest way to do this would be to use the "LIVE555 Proxy Server":
	http://www.live555.com/proxyServer/
You can start up the proxy server, streaming from your server.  Then, using the "rtsp://" URL that the proxy server displays, you can connect to this stream using both "openRTSP" (to record the stream) and a media play like VLC (to play it).