[Live-devel] Streaming H.264 Movie via RTP

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Mon May 13 01:41:15 PDT 2013

> The problem with this construction is that even if I run the testH264RTSPVideoAudioStreamer

I don't know what "testH264RTSPVideoAudioStreamer" is; it's not one of our applications :-)

> , I can play the stream (using the URL "rtsp://…") in VLC 1.11 (and 0.8.6 for that matter) but not in VLC 2.0.5. What could be the problem, and how can I fix that?

I'm not sure what the problem is (because VLC is not our software, even though it uses our software for its RTSP client implementation).  However, I suggest running our "testRTSPClient" (and then "openRTSP") demo application, to see if it connects to and receives data from your server OK.