[Live-devel] Patch : Modification of Client MediaSession & Subsession to extend SDP attributes in derived class.

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Fri May 17 06:59:18 PDT 2013

>>> I think MediaSession::initializeWithSDP() is not parsing first SDP line (which is usually v=0, though unused).
>> No, that is incorrect.  The existing code works correctly, parsing all SDP lines.  You're on a 'wild goose chase'.
>
> Perhaps I miss something, but the following spy shows that first SDP line is not analyzed.

The code scans all lines in the SDP description, but never checks the 'version number' of the first ("v=<version>") line.  (E.g., the first line could be "v=mumble\r", and the code would still accept it.)  In this respect, the code is being 'liberal in what it accepts'.

(BTW, the comment in the code about not checking for
	// - "a=control:" attributes (to set the URL for aggregate control)
 was incorrect, and should be removed, because we *do* check for that.)

> Anyway, I had to modify Client MediaSession & MediaSubsession classes in order to be able to extend SDP attributes in derived class

What attributes are these, and which IETF RFC (or Internet-Draft) defines them?  (I'm not going to add anything to the supplied code that encourages people to develop servers that generate non-standard SDP lines.)

> is there a preferred way to publish code changes to fulfill the LGPL ?

Anything that allows users of your product to apply the same changes to their own version of the LIVE555 code...