[Live-devel] setRTSPResponse accessibility issue

Scott Taylor scott.taylor at abaslabs.com
Sun May 19 23:29:33 PDT 2013

Hi,

I'm following the instructions in
RTSPClientSession::handleCmd_GET_PARAMETER() in order to handle RTSP
GET_PARAMETER properly (using latest 2013.04.30).

I've derived from RTSPClientSession and reimplemented
handleCmd_GET_PARAMETER(), now I'd like to call
RTSPClientConnection::setRTSPResponse() like the default implementation
does (RTSPServer.cpp ln 1806). Unfortunately RTSPClientConnection is a
separate object and setRTSPResponse() is protected; the default
implementation in RTSPClientSession has friend access to call it, but my
derived class doesn't inherit the friendship.

What's the correct way for my derived class to write a response?
Currently the only solution I can see is to also derive from
RTSPClientConnection and add a new function that forwards to
setRTSPResponse (it's not virtual, so I can't just override it). However
it seems like setRTSPResponse() should simply be public. What say you?

Thanks,
Scott