[Live-devel] Best way to get video width and height?

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Sun May 26 21:32:35 PDT 2013

> I receive a mjpeg stream from a Cisco server. In the SDP I see this line:
>
> a=fmtp:26 width=704;height=480;4CIF=1
>
> When looking at fVideoWidth & fVideoHeight in MediaSubsession they are always 0 and it looks like they're only populated if "a=x-dimensions:%d,%d" is found in the SDP.
>

> Is there another reliable way to grab the video resolution or would you need to "manually" parse the SDP line above?

Well, I don't think the "width" and "height" parameters have been standardized in any RFC - but then again, neither has the "x-dimensions" attribute :-)

So in the next version of the software I'll just go ahead and add parsing for the "width" and "height" attributes to the "MediaSubsession::parseSDPAttribute_fmtp()" function.