[Live-devel] Proxy Server rtsperver timeout with 400 error

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Mon Nov 4 10:08:06 PST 2013

>> I plan do make same extensions to live proxy, just one switch
>> to avoid OPTIONS before first client connects to proxy

FYI, the problem with doing this would be that - if there is a long delay before the first client connects to the proxy - the connection to the back-end server might end up timing out.

The whole purpose of sending the periodic "OPTIONS" commands is to ensure the back-end server that the proxy is still alive, so that it doesn't time out the connection.

In any case, though, this whole discussion is moot, because I absolutely WILL NOT be spending any time/effort to 'work around' this bug in Vivotek cameras unless we hear *directly* from Vivotek (i.e., not just through some intermediary), explaining themselves.

So please don't bother responding anymore to this thread (unless you're Vivotek).