[Live-devel] Handling a change of codec midstream

info at m2mservices.mobi info at m2mservices.mobi
Thu Nov 7 08:39:13 PST 2013

We develop and maintain the app so if you want to request an update please send me an email.

From: finlayson at live555.com
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2013 08:21:03 -0800
To: live-devel at ns.live555.com
Subject: Re: [Live-devel] Handling a change of codec midstream

The Client is the Video Edge Go iOS app which we developed.
Its good to know that you would consider custom development - Ill be able to discuss that with them. if we go down that route I will be able to incorporate a custom version of the library.

Yes.  Note, however, that any 'custom version' of the library would be subject to the conditions of the LGPL.  American Dynamics - when it distributes the "Video Edge Go Mobile App" - would need to also distribute whatever patches were made to produce the 'custom version' of the library.  That's why it would be better to have support for 'server->client ANNOUNCE' be made part of the official "LIVE555 Streaming Media" release.  (However, as I noted earlier, that's not something that we will be doing 'for free'.)
(A reminder also, BTW, that the "Video Edge Go Mobile App" - even if it uses an unmodified version of the "LIVE555 Streaming Media" software - is subject to the conditions of the LGPL, which implies that American Dynamics must be prepared to, whenever requested, upgrade it to use the latest version of the library.  See <http://www.live555.com/liveMedia/faq.html#copyright-and-license>.)