[Live-devel] Proxy Server Debugging

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Mon Nov 18 11:06:27 PST 2013

> After running openRTSP the last thing displayed is Data packets have begun arriving [#####], I did not here any beep.  After browsing the source I found that the playCommon.cpp has this message and a \007, which apparently did not cause the beep (no big deal).  Now I see I have started streaming from my back end RTSP.   I ran a camera in question all night and no other message followed the Data packets have begun arriving.  I assume this means all is good.

Yes.  You should see a (large) file - containing H.264 Elementary Stream video data - sitting in the directory from which you ran "openRTSP".  (If you wish, you can rename this - with a ".h264" filename suffix - and VLC should be able to play it.)

The proxy server will; but openRTSP will not (it's just a simple client application, that connects and streams only once).  http://www.live555.com/openRTSP