[Live-devel] RTP-Info line in PLAY response

Matt Farrow matt at stoplift.com
Mon Nov 18 14:51:54 PST 2013

Hi All,

I am using the openRTSP code base to obtain frames from a video encoders and store them to disk. I use the MediaSubsession::getNormalPlayTime() quite extensively to calculate and store some timing information with the incoming frames. This process works well. However recently, I have been tasked to work with an encoder that does not provide the "rtptime" field in the "RTP-Info"  line of the PLAY response.  See below:

  RTP-Info: url=trackID=1;seq=58643,url=trackID=2;seq=1

This causes the getNormalPlayTime() function to always return 0 since the RTP-Info field was not successfully parsed. This all makes very good sense but I would like to try and use the normal play time functionality so that I can use this encoder.

How would you recommend I work around this problem? Can I use the presentation time from the first frame and manually fill in the rtpInfo myself? What would I use for the sequence number?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
matt