[Live-devel] Sony SNC-RZ50N RTSP stream stopping

Joshua Kordani jkordani at lsa2.com
Wed Nov 27 13:10:47 PST 2013

I've also upgraded the firmware on my hardware, specifically the snc
ch180 model camera, and been on the phone with support numerous times.

Originally, in the case of our model, the default rtsp timeout value
used by the camera defaulted to "never", which in our application
resulted in numerous, unstoppable streams being created over the life of
the system, as network connectivity would drop and connections be
reset.  The answer to that problem was to specify a timeout value on the
camera, but once we did that, we discovered that the streams would time
out in spite of being sent periodic normal rtsp control packets.  We
noticed that VLC worked, but our custom client did not, and upon
consulting with Sony support, were told "tough", and to use some other
method (the details of which I wasn't privy to but could reproduce if
desired) of keeping the stream alive.

<rant>These cameras may look pretty, and perhaps provide decent picture,
but the physical behavior and the API is really junky and frankly not
indicative of the price you pay for them</rant>

On 11/25/13 1:06 PM, Umar Qureshey wrote:
> Yes, the firmware version is the latest for that model.

Joshua Kordani
LSA Autonomy