[Live-devel] Current play time in FF and REW

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Fri Nov 29 12:35:54 PST 2013

> We need to get the current video play time (getNormalPlayTime) from the RTSPServer side and send to the client side in the response to a GET_PARAMETER call (handleCmd_GET_PARAMETER() )during trick play. The client may be a 3rd party client which is trying to display the current video time during FF and REW.

Note that a standards-compliant client does not need to do this.  Instead, it can use the normal "RTP-Info:"+RTP timestamp+RTCP mechanism, that our clients implement (using our "MediaSubsession::getNormalPlayTime()" function).  Please contact the manufacturer of your '3rd party client', telling them that they shouldn't need to use this "GET_PARAMETER" hack.  (If they have any questions about this, tell them to contact me.)

>  “Is there a function that is equivalent to MediaSubsession::getNormalPlayTime() on the server side? To determine the normal play time – at the server side.”

No.