[Live-devel] RTSP stream via liveMedia from opencv capture

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Oct 2 08:25:40 PDT 2013

> I've changed the code to read only one .jpg image and start to stream that continuously. But after the stream starts the entire network is brokes until I stop the stream.

Of course - because you're streaming data continuously, without any gaps between the frames!

You commented out the important line
	gettimeofday(&fLastCaptureTime, &Idunno);
so, you're not setting each frame's presentation time properly.  You also need to delay an appropriate length of time (depending on the frame rate that you want) before you transmit each frame.

Please also note that JPEG/RTP streaming is strongly discouraged; see http://www.live555.com/liveMedia/faq.html#jpeg-streaming