[Live-devel] Proxy Server REGISTER option

Bob Bischan bbischan at watchtower-security.com
Wed Oct 9 06:10:19 PDT 2013

Ross,

Works perfectly!

Just a few thoughts for your consideration:

1. Do you think the naming convention (registeredProxyStream-N) for
REGISTERED streams will adequately support most users / use cases? This has
been convenient in my particular case and allows me to proceed  with my
current efforts, however, I'm not sure it is the best approach. Would
having an option that allows the stream name to be specified in the
REGISTER command make sense? Default behavior would then fall back to Proxy
Server parsing the URL into prefix/suffix as originally implemented.

2. A small item to note. During the course of my testing (using several
different client implementations)  I found a problem when trying to
REGISTER_REMOTE since it is not explicitly list in the OPTIONS list from
Proxy Server. Some client's (3rd party applications) may fail with "Method
Not Allowed". For me it is not an issue...I simply use a client
implementation that does not retrieve the OPTIONS list before sending the
REGISTER_REMOTE command.

Thanks again for your time and efforts. I'm going to close this thread for
now...will open new ones as I move forward with testing / evaluation.

Bob