[Live-devel] Proxy Server (Back-end Session)

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Oct 16 10:41:14 PDT 2013

> Looks like sending the session id in the OPTION header solved the problem!
>
> After my original post yesterday, I did determine that Axis cameras have a session time-out (default 60 sec) setting that was tearing down the session.

The Axis camera should also be using incoming RTCP "RR" packets (from the proxy server) to indicate that the session is still alive.

NOTE TO AXIS (and, in particular, to the Axis employee who's on this mailing list); Please fix this!

> The only thing I cannot explain is why the log file from yesterday did not have the following:
>
> ProxyServerMediaSubsession["H264"]: received RTCP "BYE".  (The back-end stream has ended.)
> ProxyServerMediaSubsession["H264"]::~ProxyServerMediaSubsession()
> Opening connection to 99.58.86.198, port 11034...
>
> In tests that I ran later in the day I saw this message every time I waited 60 secs between test cycles.

The "BYE" packet from the camera probably got lost in that one case.