[Live-devel] HTTP Live Streaming

Pak Man Chan parkchan1960 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 23 00:18:41 PDT 2013

Hi,
   I've come across the following problems with HTTP Live Streaming,

1. Replies to HTTP GET requests are sometime truncated. As an example,
curl http://serverip/somets.ts will sometimes result in only part of the
playlist

    I've traced this to fNumBytesToStream is not being initialized when
created in handleHTTPCmd_StreamingGET, this caused doGetNextFrame to
sometimes ended prematurely.

   Should fNumBytesToStream be initialized to bufferSize too?

2. When streaming is in progress and client disconnected in the middle of a
transfer, mediaServer will keep trying sending to the disconnected client
in TCPStreamSink::processBuffer and will not respond to further requests.

    Should there be a EPIPE check in the send call there?

Thank you,
Park.