[Live-devel] Regarding the h264 video stream's rtp packet timestamp

Tony fantasyvideo at 126.com
Wed Oct 23 20:54:24 PDT 2013

I saw the FAQ in live555 website.
It said the live555 sync the audio and video by RTCP's SR packets.
So I should create RTCP instance for each RTP source explititly?

At 2013-10-24 05:48:40,"Ross Finlayson" <finlayson at live555.com> wrote:

So how should I set the duration, then the audio and video would be sync.

You don't.  The way you ensure that your audio and video streams are in sync is by having your server give each (audio and video) frame accurate presentation times - i.e., in the setting of "fPresentationTime" by the (audio and video) "FramedSource" subclasses.

If you do this, then the receiving client(s) will properly synchronize audio and video.