[Live-devel] Reagarding normal play time (NPT ) in Live555Media Sever

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Oct 30 11:58:01 PDT 2013

> Is it possible to get the normal play time for each PLAY request from the RTSP Client without RANGE HEADER information included in the client request.

I'm not sure I understand your question.  The client should always be able to get the 'normal play time' by calling "MediaSubsession:getNormalPlayTime()".

At the server end: If the "PLAY" request did not contain a "Range:" header, then the server will still send back a "Range:" header - starting with the current 'normal play time', but (unless you're resuming from a "PAUSE") this 'normal play time' will obviously be 0.

(As always, I assume that you're using the latest version of the code - the only version that we support.)