[Live-devel] Server getting confused with RTCP message before PLAY command (when using RTP over TCP)

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Mon Sep 2 10:42:45 PDT 2013

>  This looks to be the exact issue that the changelog shows as having been addressed in build 2012.10.04.

Yes.  That fix deferred the client's sending of RTCP "RR" packets until after it had received the response from the "PLAY" command.  That's why I'm surprised by your report.

Please see if you can reproduce this with our "testRTSPClient" demo application, modified only to change line 229 of "testRTSPClient.cpp" from

#define REQUEST_STREAMING_OVER_TCP False

#define REQUEST_STREAMING_OVER_TCP True