[Live-devel] modifying client end of ProxyServer

srimugunth at csa.iisc.ernet.in srimugunth at csa.iisc.ernet.in
Tue Sep 10 23:58:27 PDT 2013

>> With testRTSPClient.cpp, i was able to add the following code to
>> DummySink::afterGettingFrame() and successfully dump .h264 frames
>
> Much better: Use the existing "H264VideoFileSink" class (instead of
> "DummySink"), which (I think) already does exactly what you want.
>
> Even better: Use the existing "openRTSP" application, which will
> automatically output a H.264 video file:
> 	http://www.live555.com/openRTSP/
>
> I don't see what this has to do with proxy RTSP servers (and I certainly
> don't see why you would want to modify the existing proxy server code).

thanks for replying.
ok. The reason I am trying to modify the ProxyServer is because, I want to
run RTSPclient+server in a single process.

I want to integrate our transcoder between the RTSP client and server.

RTSP client will receive live stream from IP camera, the frames will be
transcoded, the transcoded output will be received asynchronously and
re-exported as a different stream.

We were able to do this with testRTSPClient+transcoder as one process and
testOnDemandRTSPserver as another process and both of them connected
through a named pipe.

We think having a single process with "RTSPclient+transcoder+RTSPserver",
we can achieve more live and real time performance.

I naively thought that i can plugin our transcoder into the proxyServer
inbetween the RTSP client and server. But the proxyServer code is a bit
difficult for me, and I could not figure out which is the client end and
which is the server end.

I want to receive the frames in the client end, and make a call to our
transcoder  and pass the received frame.
The transcoded frame will be received asynchronously in a different
thread. I receive the output transcoded frame and export it as a
live-source for the server end.

I will appreciate very much your inputs about how to achieve this.

thanks,
mugunthan

believed to be clean.