[Live-devel] Absolute seekStream - problem with timestamps

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Sep 11 07:56:19 PDT 2013

> How could I know in the client end what is the actual frame time? Is there any standard way of doing this?

Yes, what you're looking for here is "normal play time".  As a RTSP client, you can get this by calling
	"MediaSubsession::getNormalPlayTime()"
on your "MediaSubsession" object, passing the presentation time as parameter.  (This should work in your case because your server (LIVE555-based) returns a "RTP-Info:" header in its "PLAY" response.)

In your case - because you've seeked by absolute time - this "normal play time" value will start from 0.0.  However, you can then add this to the absolute time (the time that you seeked to) to get the correct current absolute time.