[Live-devel] Presentation time when streamingvideorecordingfrom surveillance cameras

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Sep 12 07:59:54 PDT 2013

> The problem is that I’m not getting any diagnostic output, even thou “verbosityLevel” is (And has always been) ‘1’

If you run the application from a 'console' (or 'terminal') window, then the diagnostic output (to 'stderr') should appear there.

But anyway, the output that you sent told me what I need to know: The server's response to the "PLAY" command doesn't include a "RTP-Info:" header. That means that you won't be able to call "getNormalPlayTime()" to find out where you are in the stream.  But you should be able to simulate this by
	1/ Recording the first presentation time that you see after you get the response to "PLAY".  (Ignore any presentation time that's not 'RTCP-synchronized'.)
	2/ Thereafter, subtract this first presentation time from the current presentation time, then add that to the (absolute) time that you seeked to.