[Live-devel] live555ProxyServer.exe crash after rtcp goodbye from backend is recieved.

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Sep 18 13:11:34 PDT 2013

>> Please advise how to proceed, will there be a fix in future release?
>
> Yes, because you appear to have found a bug in the code.
>
> To help me debug this, could you please re-run the "LIVE555 Proxy Server" with the "-V" (upper-case V) option, to generate diagnostic output, and please send us the diagnostic output, up to the point of the crash.

Actually, you no longer need to do this, because I have now found (and fixed) the bug.  (It turns out that the problem occurred only when proxying a H.264 video stream, from a back-end server that (1) does not handle "PAUSE", and (2) sends a RTCP "BYE" at the end of the stream.

I've now installed a new version (2013.09.18) that should fix the problem.

(I'll also take a look at the other problem that you reported, although that is less serious.)

Thanks again for reporting this.