[Live-devel] HTTP Tunneling

Gord Umphrey gordu at dvr2010.com
Sat Sep 21 13:49:07 PDT 2013

Hi Ross;

We are have tried both the openRTSP, and testRTSPClient samples.
We are tunnelling over HTTP.  Both samples work – we receive video and can display it.

However the problem is that in both samples, we have listening UDP sockets on the client side.
The whole idea of tunnelling over HTTP is to avoid firewall and port forwarding issues.
If we are tunnelling over HTTP the client should not have any listening sockets – it should only have a single outgoing socket.

Is there a way to correct this?

Thank you,
Gord.