[Live-devel] HTTP Tunneling (Ross Finlayson)

Gord Umphrey gordu at dvr2010.com
Thu Sep 26 16:41:04 PDT 2013

Thanks Ross;

Unfortunately, the problem is with the various Windows Firewall programs.  When an application opens a listening port, then most firewalls will totally block that application. McAFee and the built in Windows firewall exhibit this behaviour.

It is expected that we need to configure such things on the server side, but not on the client.  (We operate in a lot on financial institutions, and the corporate firewall rules there are quite strict).

Since these ports are not required when tunnelling over HTTP, what would be the best way to not create the listening sockets in the first place?

Thanks!
Gord.