[Live-devel] MJPEG support for MKV parser

PROMONET Michel michel.promonet at thalesgroup.com
Thu Apr 3 04:52:08 PDT 2014

            Hi Ross,

I know this, however I was just wondering if it is possible to manage the case in the switch in order to parse it.

About MJPEG streaming I remember you consider this is a bad idea. I read many times http://www.live555.com/liveMedia/faq.html#jpeg-streaming
I also posted a possible solution to stream video/JPEG http://lists.live555.com/pipermail/live-devel/2012-February/014672.html. I probably modify it but I am still using it and it works quite well.

There is some use cases where MJPEG streaming has still some meaning :

-       It needs less CPU usage, so VCA still use it

-       It could easily be played backward, as H264 need to decode a full GOP

-       It is simple to subsample the stream.

Sorry for disturbing.

Best Regards,

            Michel.

[@@ THALES GROUP INTERNAL @@]