[Live-devel] AAC/H264 RTP Multicast timestamps

Goran Ambardziev goran.ambardziev at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 14:58:02 PDT 2014

Hello, and thanks for the help.

> - We see these types of messages all the time in our platform (which
> is implemented using live555 on the server.) A different media player
> we've tried seems to play the stream without these "glitches".
> - I see the same messages using my own RTSP/RTP stack written from scratch.
Hmm, it seems so. I've tried it with MPlayer for windows and it is
working fine. The streams are practically unplayable in VLC.

I event get errors saying: "more than 5 seconds of late video"
mainwarning: playback too late (61251): up-sampling

mainwarning: playback too late (60915): up-sampling

avcodecerror: more than 5 seconds of late video -> dropping frame
(computer too slow ?)

mainwarning: picture is too late to be displayed (missing 1418 ms)

mainwarning: picture is too late to be displayed (missing 1378 ms)

mainwarning: picture is too late to be displayed (missing 1338 ms)

mainwarning: picture is too late to be displayed (missing 1172 ms)

mainwarning: picture is too late to be displayed (missing 1152 ms)

So the stream cannot be played back in VLC.

> I also suggest making sure that:
> 	- streaming H.264 video only works OK (I think you've already done this)
> 	- streaming AAC audio only works OK
> before trying to stream both audio and video together.
yes, I've tried that: both streams work OK when streamed separately. The
problem only appears when they are streamed together.

Btw, what is the correct sequence of closing the RTSP server and other
classes from live555. I do it like this:

I signal m_doneFlag. Everything is done on a dedicated thread and my
class isn't exiting until it gets the close event (m_hCloseEvt, at the
end), but still something is not cleaned up I can see it in the output
window.

    m_pUsageEnv->taskScheduler().doEventLoop( &m_doneFlag ); // does not
return

     // Close everything
     //
     if(m_pRtpVideoSink != NULL)
     {
         m_pRtpVideoSink->stopPlaying();
     }
     m_pRtpVideoSink = NULL;

     Medium::close(m_pH264FramedSource);

     if(m_pRtpAudioSink != NULL)
     {
         m_pRtpAudioSink->stopPlaying();
     }
     m_pRtpAudioSink = NULL;

    Medium::close(m_pAacFrameedSource);

     Medium::close(rtspServer);
     Medium::close(rtcpVideo);
     Medium::close(rtcpAudio);

     rtpVideoGroupsock.removeAllDestinations();
     rtcpVideoGroupsock.removeAllDestinations();
     rtpAudioGroupsock.removeAllDestinations();
     rtcpAudioGroupsock.removeAllDestinations();

     m_pUsageEnv->reclaim();

     SetEvent( m_hCloseEvt );