[Live-devel] AAC/H264 Closing Down

Goran Ambardziev goran.ambardziev at gmail.com
Tue Apr 8 14:43:33 PDT 2014

> >>/  Btw, what is the correct sequence of closing the RTSP server and other classes from live555.
> /
> The easiest way is just to call:
> 	exit(0);
>
> However, if (for some reason) you want to keep the process around, even after you've destroyed the server, you can do so by:
> 	- Calling "Medium::close()" on all of your 'source', 'sink', and 'RTCPInstance' objects.
> 	- Calling "Medium::close()" on your RTSP server
> 	- Deleting your 'Groupsock' objects.
> 	- Calling env->reclaim();
> 	- Doing delete scheduler;
I need the process to stay alive after I'm done with streaming, so I
cannot call exit(0)

I do closing like this. Signal done flag. Call stop playing on Sinks.
Close sources, sinks, RTCPInstance objects etc.

I get an access violation error when closing VideoSink (m_pRtpVideoSink).
The error is in method "void FramedSource::stopGettingFrames()" when
calling "doStopGettingFrames*()*". Why could this be happening?

m_pUsageEnv->taskScheduler().doEventLoop( &m_doneFlag ); // does not return

     // Close everything
     //
     if(m_pRtpVideoSink != NULL)
     {
         m_pRtpVideoSink->stopPlaying();
     }
     if(m_pRtpAudioSink != NULL)
     {
         m_pRtpAudioSink->stopPlaying();
     }

     Medium::close( m_pH264FramedSource );
     Medium::close( m_pAacFrameedSource );

     Medium::close( m_pRtpVideoSink );
     Medium::close( m_pRtpAudioSink );

     Medium::close(rtcp);
     Medium::close(rtcpAudio);

     Medium::close(rtspServer);

     rtpVideoGroupsock->removeAllDestinations();
     rtcpVideoGroupsock->removeAllDestinations();
     delete rtpVideoGroupsock;
     delete rtcpVideoGroupsock;

     rtpAudioGroupsock->removeAllDestinations();
     rtcpAudioGroupsock->removeAllDestinations();
     delete rtpAudioGroupsock;
     delete rtcpAudioGroupsock;

     m_pUsageEnv->reclaim();

     delete scheduler;