[Live-devel] low perfomance in "onDemandRTSPServer" when connecting with multiple clients

David Bueno Monge david.bueno at scati.com
Thu Apr 24 08:41:26 PDT 2014

None of these is the problem, as you have said, the CPU utilization remains
low, and there is no network problem as i am running server and cliente on
the same machine.

The number of sockets cannot be a problem, because with high resolution
videos, only with 5 or 6 clients connected, the performance decreases a
lot. You can continue adding clients, but without a good performance...
Nevertheless, I have checked what you said, and the problem continues...

> Because your server's CPU utilization remains low, there seems to be only
> two possibilities:
> 1/ You are approaching the capacity of your network.  But in your earlier
> message, you said that the problem also happens when you run all clients on
> the same computer as the server, which suggests instead:
> 2/ You are running into a limit - imposed by your OS - in the number of
> sockets that can be open (by the server application) at any one time.  See
> http://www.live555.com/liveMedia/faq.html#scalability
>

> Ross Finlayson
> Live Networks, Inc.
> http://www.live555.com/

*David Bueno Monge*Software Engineer

Skype dbueno_scati
*------------------------------*[image:
http://www.scati.com]<http://www.scati.com/>

T +34 902 116 095

F +34 976 466 580
*------------------------------*

Bari, 23
Plataforma Logística PLAZA

50.197 Zaragoza (Spain)

*www.scati.com <http://www.scati.com/>*

*Disclaimer:*
This e-mail (including any attached documents) is proprietary and
confidential and may contain legally privileged information. It is intended
for the named recipient(s) only. If you are not the intended recipient, you
may not review, retain, copy or distribute this message, and we kindly ask
you to notify the sender by e-mail immediately and delete this message from
your system.

*Please consider your environmental responsibility before printing this
e-mail.*