[Live-devel] RTP source filter

Vanessa CHODATON vanessa.chodaton at etu.univ-nantes.fr
Sat Apr 26 23:00:22 PDT 2014

>> I am student at polytech Nantes (France) and for my university project,
>> I have to design a source filter for  RTP protocol only, with LIVE555
>> library.

> By "source filter", do you mean "a way to accept or reject incoming RTP
> packets, based on their IP source (i.e., 'from') address"?  If so, then
> you cannot do this with the "LIVE555 Streaming Media" software, because
> the IP source address of incoming RTP packets is not made available to
> receivers.  Sorry.

Thank you for your response.
Actually, I want to do something like the testMPEG2TransportReceiver  that
I find
in the "LIVE555 Streaming Media" testprogs. This code  reads a MPEG
Transport/RTP stream (from the same multicast group/port), and outputs the
reconstituted MPEG Transport Stream  to "stdout".I test it and it works
very well.
My source filter will receive MPEG Transport Stream but  instead
of putting it  to "stdout", I want put it to  the output pin of my source
filter.
I have trouble to find appropriate functions to do this.
Please can you give some indications.

Thank you for your attention.

Regards,
Vanessa Chodaton