[Live-devel] lead to a high CPU percentage without setting the gateway ip address

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Mon Apr 28 02:00:36 PDT 2014

>   I encounter a problem of using live555 as a client on linux platform. If delete default gateway ip addrss, then run the test program testRTSPClient, CPU percentage is 6%, then I add the default gateway ip by using cmd such as "route add default gw 192.168.122.1", CPU decrease to 1%. If you guys know the issue, please help, thanks.

I'm not convinced that 6% CPU is a 'problem', nor am I convinced that a slight increase in CPU usage when a host does not have a gateway address (something that all hosts should have anyway) is a 'problem'.

In any case, if you still consider this worth looking into, you're probably going to have to do so yourself - by running a profiling tool (e.g., "gprof").