[Live-devel] RTSP client 'openURL()' while event loop is already running

Marco Porsch m.porsch at intenta.de
Thu Aug 7 06:04:08 PDT 2014

Hello list, hello Ross,

based on testRTSPClient.cpp I wrote a wrapper class that has an interface with the public functions
void connect(const char* URL);
void startAll();
connect() basically performs the same tasks as testRTSPClient's openURL(), while startAll() starts the event loop. The class' user has to issue the connect() calls before calling the blocking startAll() function. - This interface works just fine.

Now I would like to add the ability to connect() and disconnect() streams while the event loop is already running, i.e. startAll() has been called. For this case I have already set up an EventTriggerId to call into the running event loop and a handler which triggers a deferred handling of openURL(). This works fine initially, but the newly connected streams always stall completely after a short time (few seconds or just few frames). The streams connected before startAll() continue to play just fine.

What could be going wrong here? Or is there any general issue that permits starting new sessions from a running event loop?

Thanks and best regards,
Marco Porsch