[Live-devel] File streaming session getting closed before eof received on client side

Dnyanesh Gate dnyanesh.gate at intelli-vision.com
Mon Aug 11 06:09:46 PDT 2014

Hello All,

I am refering testVideoOnDemand.cpp source for streaming h264 file. I
am able to open stream from vlc player, but rtsp server close session
before EOF receives on client side. I have a raw h264 file of length
30 seconds, but client plays video up to 25 seconds. When I check the
source for ByteStreamFileSource, I found that server close session as
soon as it found feof(), but client is stll receiving frames and
doesn't reached to EOF. For 30 seconds video it skip last 3-4 seconds
of video, but for larger video files, more number of frames will be
skipped, this is my concern. This happens because (read from file FPS)
is greater than (streaming FPS).

How can I get to know that all frames has been sent to client
successfully and then I can call handleClosure()?
What you guys will suggest me to overcome this problem?

Here is link for file I am using for testing:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qwip5p9ij68fpm3/stream1.h264

--
Thanks & Regards,
DnyaneshG.