[Live-devel] How to wrap a AAC-HBR RTP source into Transport stream correctly

James Huang seamxr at gmail.com
Fri Aug 22 18:10:55 PDT 2014

Hi,

I'm working on wrapping two RTP stream source (H264 and AAC-HBR ) into a
MPEG Transport stream and then forward it to another 3rd party server. The
source and the target are both 3rd party so I don't have control of their
expectation of input and output format.

The video is working after study the mail list. But I'm not able to find a
correct way to convert and feed a correct source into the method
MPEG2TransportStreamFromESSource::addNewAudioSource().

My code pieces looks like:

MPEG2TransportStreamFromESSource *pTS =
> MPEG2TransportStreamFromESSource::createNew(env);
> InsertH264StartCodeFilter *pVdoFilter =
> InsertH264StartCodeFilter::createNew(env, H264VideoRTPSource);
> pTS->addNewVideoSource(pVdoFilter, 5);
> pTS->addNewAudioSource(MPEG4GenericRTPSource, 4);

MPEG4GenericRTPSource seems not proper source for addNewAudioSource here.
But I couldn't figure out how to convert it correctly.

The SDP of audio part looks like:

> m=audio 0 RTP/AVP 97
> b=AS:1000
> a=rtpmap:97 MPEG4-GENERIC/48000/2
> a=fmtp:97
> streamtype=5;profile-level-id=1;mode=AAC-hbr;sizelength=13;indexlength=3;indexdeltalength=3;config=1190
>
> a=control:track2

Would you provide some hint how can I convert the MPEG4GenericRTPSource
into correct data which is good to feed into
MPEG2TransportStreamFromESSource::addNewAudioSource()?

Thank you,
seamxr.