[Live-devel] Live555 liveMedia wrapped as into a DirectShow filter

Ralf Globisch rglobisch at csir.co.za
Fri Aug 29 00:01:26 PDT 2014

We have released a DirectShow RTSP source filter based on live555 at http://sourceforge.net/projects/videoprocessing/.It has support for limited media types (H.264, AMR, AAC, LATM, MP3, PCM 8/16-bit), and you're welcome to make contributions
to support other ones.

>>> Ross Finlayson <finlayson at live555.com> 08/21/14 5:25 PM >>>
> We are currently developing a streaming player application that utilizes DirectShow filters. We were interested in wrapping liveMedia into a filter to be able to plug in as a possible RTSP client source filter. Have you done this or could you help us with that?

We don't provide any explicit support for DirectShow filters, because they are specific to just one OS platform (and a waning one at that).  However, several people on this mailing list have developed their own DirectShow filter that use our RTSP client code.  Perhaps some of them would like to contribute tips on how to do this?

and is believed to be clean.

and is believed to be clean.