[Live-devel] Breakup with mips port

Anthony Desmarais Anthony.Desmarais at altech-multimedia.com
Mon Dec 1 22:48:34 PST 2014

Thanks for the help Ross.

From: live-devel [mailto:live-devel-bounces at ns.live555.com] On Behalf Of Ross Finlayson
Sent: 01 December 2014 08:59 PM
To: LIVE555 Streaming Media - development & use
Subject: Re: [Live-devel] Breakup with mips port

On our system I ran the testOnDemandRTSPServer and then pointed VLC to rtsp://10.0.0.5:8554/mpeg2TransportStreamTest – this worked flawlessly even with the high bitrate video file.

In your experience does this point to the Live555 framework working 100%?

Yes.

From what I see this pretty much follows the exact same software flow as multicast would with the expection being that the address is not a multicast address. DO you agree with this statement?

Yes.

If so then I think I need to look at my kernel perhaps something here is not correct.

Yes, you seem to have a problem with multicast on this system.