[Live-devel] hi all, I found a bug in mediaServer source code.

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Mon Dec 8 06:19:13 PST 2014

> Please see the attachment that I modified two files

I’m puzzled that in both of the files that you attached, the copyright notice says
	Copyright (c) 1996-2011
yet support for seeking by absolute time was added in 2012.  This suggests that you are using modified source files, rather than the unmodified, latest source files from http://www.live555.com/liveMedia/public <http://www.live555.com/liveMedia/public> - the only version of the code that we support.

> From my client PLAY request like this:
[…]
> If the range like the above that I'v offered, the sscanf(utcTimes, "%[^-]-%s", as, ae) will have a problem.

No it won’t have a problem.  In this case, the “sscanf()” call will return 1, which means that the code will set the variable “absStartTime”, but not the variable “absEndTime”, which means that “absEndTime” will be left at its default value of NULL - which means: No end time.

Note that your implementation of the
	seekStreamSource(FramedSource* inputSource, char*& absStart, char*& absEnd)
virtual function (in your subclass of “OnDemandServerMediaSubsession”) needs to allow for the possibility of the “absEnd” parameter being NULL.

> Another thing:
>
> file: RTSPServer.cpp line: 2002 code:
[…]

No, that should be line 1951, not line 2002.  You are using an old (or modified) version of the code.  We do not support this!

> That if condition should have included  NULL != absEnd.

No, the existing condition is correct.  Once again, your implementation of the “seekStreamSource()” virtual function needs to allow for the possibility of the “absEnd” parameter being NULL.