[Live-devel] Playback Speed

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Mon Dec 8 18:17:54 PST 2014

> I am afraid that the computation is a bit more complex in the ISO (see http://www.staroceans.org.s3-website-us-east-1.amazonaws.com/e-book/ISO-14496-10.pdf <http://www.staroceans.org.s3-website-us-east-1.amazonaws.com/e-book/ISO-14496-10.pdf>)
> Divisor is not always 2, it could be 1, 2, 3,4 or 6.

Is this the “DeltaTfiDivisor” defined in the table on page 263 of that specification?  I find that rather hard to follow, considering (for example) that the variable
	∆tfi,dpb( n )
seems to be defined in two separate ways, just sentences apart:

	When fixed_frame_rate_flag is equal to 1, for all n where n indicates the n-th picture in output order and picture n is not the last picture in the bitstream in output order, the value of ∆tfi,dpb( n ) is specified by ∆tfi,dpb( n ) = ∆to,dpb( n ) ÷ DeltaTfiDivisor

and

	When fixed_frame_rate_flag is equal to 1, the value computed for ∆tfi,dpb( n ) shall be the same for all n > 0 and shall be equal to num_units_in_tick ÷ time_scale.
(with no mention of a divisor).

Ahh, the joys of dealing with a codec that’s designed by a committee :-)