[Live-devel] HTTP Live streaming

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue Dec 9 23:31:31 PST 2014

> 1.       Can I use the LIVE555 to transcode the incoming h264 video stream into mpeg-ts?

What you’re describing isn’t really ‘transcoding’ (because the MPEG Transport Stream format isn’t a codec (like H.264), but instead just a packaging format).  But the answer is Yes: You can pack an incoming H.264 Video stream into a MPEG Transport Stream file.

> If so is there any example?

Yes, the “testH264VideoToTransportStream” demo application (in the “testProgs” directory).

> 2.       Can I use the LIVE555 on android platforms?

Yes, of course.  ‘Android’ is just a form of Linux, so one of the “config.*linux*” files should work.