[Live-devel] ServerMediaSubsession::getStreamParameters parameter change request

Ralf Globisch rglobisch at csir.co.za
Mon Dec 15 10:40:00 PST 2014

Hi Ross,

Would you be willing to add the "fullRequestStr" parameter of RTSPServer::RTSPClientSession::handleCmd_SETUP as an additional parameter to the ServerMediaSubsession::getStreamParameters method?

We had previously overridden ServerMediaSubsession::getStreamParameters in one of our subclasses for the purpose of client connection management
and now to add DRM-related functionality we also need to associate "fOurSessionId" with the user name which can be parsed out of the Authorization
header in "fullRequestStr".

If you agree to add the parameter we would of course supply a patch. Otherwise, we would be grateful if you have an alternative suggestion to
associate the live555 session id with the user name from the context of a ServerMediaSubsession subclass.

We have thought of duplicating and adapting the code of RTSPServer::RTSPClientSession::handleCmd_SETUP in our subclass of
RTSPServer::RTSPClientSession but that does not seem like a good solution to me.

Thanks for your time,
Ralf

and is believed to be clean.