[Live-devel] isCurrentlyAwaitingData usage

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue Dec 23 16:59:36 PST 2014

>     Please let me know the function details of “isCurrentlyAwaitingData()” in FrameSource.hh, what is the use of the function.

Remember, You Have Complete Source Code.

> This function at times returns false.

As it should.  The function returns True if “getNextFrame()” has already been called (to request a frame of data) on this object, but the requested frame has not yet been delivered.  It is used to check that more than one "getNextFrame()” isn’t called on the same object concurrently (which will give you the “attempting to read more than once at the same time” error).

The function returns False if it is OK to call “getNextFrame()” on the object (because an existing “getNextFrame()” call is not already active).