[Live-devel] add a delay in between the RTSP SETUP message and corresponding RTP SETUP message

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Fri Feb 7 13:32:42 PST 2014

> When using openRTSP to set up an RTSP connection, is it possible to add a delay in between the RTSP SETUP message and the corresponding
> RTP SETUP message i.e. send the RTSP SETUP message, delay “N” seconds and then send the RTP SETUP message?

Yes, you could do this by modifying the "continueAfterSETUP()" function to call "env->taskScheduler().scheduleDelayedTask( ... )" instead of calling "setupStreams()" (to do the next "SETUP").  Instead, your delayed function (that you specified in the call to "scheduleDelayedTask()") would call "setupStreams()".

I'm not sure why you want to do this, though.  (Our RTSP server implementation certainly doesn't need such a delay.)