[Live-devel] Play response setting in Live555 Server

Nambirajan nambirajan.manickam at i-velozity.com
Tue Feb 11 04:36:52 PST 2014

Hi Ross,

Thanks for the update. Now the server response to the player in REW option,
when we do a REW while playing a movie is getting NPT in the range header.

I have a clarification.

When we do a FFW at any speed, the play is working fine ( The movie ends at
the proper time than the normal playtime ).

Example: When we FFW in 4X speed, the whole movie is played and ends at a
time approximately 1/4th of the normal play time of the movie.

But I  feel it is the normal play time. Not the current play time ( trick
mode play time ) in the Range header. Is it OK to pass the npt to the player
or

current playtime to the player in the Server response.

I am using the latest code of Live 555 Media Server

One strange scenario I am facing, when I do the Pause of movie, the movie is
paused. My player's Play button has changed to Pause display. When do the
play again, the player is working. That is movie is playing. But my Play
icon is still in the Pause mode, it has not updated to the Play mode.

I have been checking with the previous version dated ( 2014.01.29  ) of
Server code, it was working fine. Means my player was updating the Play
button properly.  Can you please suggest why is it happening like this.

Thanks and regards,

M. Nambirajan