[Live-devel] Regarding the seek and fast forward /reverse play in rtsp server

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Fri Feb 21 17:13:32 PST 2014

> 	 I read the faq in live555 website about the trick play, it only said the four virtual functions needs to be supported.
> 	But as the result,  the vlc would drop audio buffer, so I guess  the fPresentationTime should be changed too?
> 	Is it right?

The "presentation time" represents the time at which the media should be 'presented' (i.e., displayed or played) to a receiver.  So, of course, you need to make sure that it's aligned with 'wall clock time', even if you are doing fast-forward or reverse-play.  E.g., if you're doing fast-forward 2x, your server's presentation times should *not* increase 2x as fast as normal.